US Hwy 36 Construction Schedule For Week of June 15th
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration – Central Federal Lands Highway Division (CFLHD) are continuing construction on the U.S. 36 Emergency Flood Reconstruction project between Lyons and Estes Park. Phase 1 work is on track to be completed in early July, and Phase 2 will begin immediately following Phase 1.
During the week of June 15, crews will be performing embankment, culvert installation and paving activities throughout the work zone.
The following delays should be expected from June 15 to July 2 on US 36 between Lyons and Estes Park (weather permitting):
· Sunday, June 15: No work.
· Monday, June 16 through Friday, June 20: from 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: stops of 15 minutes;
· Monday, June 16 through Friday, June 20: from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: stops of one hour
· Monday, June 16 through Friday, June 20: from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.: stops of 30 minutes
· Saturday, June 21: No Work
No weekend work is planned for this week.
Delays on Thursday, July 3:
· From 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.: stops of 15 minutes;
· From 8 a.m. until noon: stops of one hour
In observance of the Independence Day holiday weekend, no work will take place from noon on Thursday, July 3 until 6 a.m. on Monday, July 7.
Beginning Monday, July 7, and going through September 2014:
Delays* of up to 15 minutes during daylight hours**
Delays of up to an hour during nighttime hours.**
* Delay is defined as a 15-minute combined total stop time for construction zones east and west of Pinewood Springs.
** Daylight hours are defined as the time when it is light outside. Nighttime hours are defined as the time when it is dark outside.
Throughout the duration of construction, cyclists are not permitted on U.S. 36 within the work zones, and several trail access points will be closed for safety. Other flood-impacted highways will remain open for cyclists, who ride at their own risk and are urged to ride using extra caution.
American Civil Constructors, Inc. of Littleton, CO is the project contractor for Phase 1; Kirkland Construction is the project contractor for Phase 2.