Unique Live Auction Items Creat A Buzz For Get Your Kicks On Spur 66!
Get Your Kicks on Spur 66! Estes Park Medical Center Foundation Gala Saturday, March 12, 2011
Imagine going camping but having someone else do all the work. Nurse anesthetist Jason Goodwin’s llamas will carry your gear, a gourmet chef will prepare your meal which Drs. Florence and Woodard will serve, there will be live musical entertainment, historian laureate Jim Pickering will tell stories around the campfire, and when you wake the next morning, snug in the tent someone else put up for you, breakfast will be served.
This enchanted evening for six is only one of many unique items to be auctioned off at the Estes Park Medical Center’s Gala, Get Your Kicks on Spur 66! on Saturday, March 12. Several of the auction packages involve Medical Center physicians, administration, staff, board members, and Foundation board members.
Other enticing items include:
• A delectable dessert-a-month for a year, prepared and delivered to your door by Estes Park Medical Center CEO Robb Austin, renowned for his lemon meringue pie.
• EMT Vern Miller’s New Venture Cycling-guided bicycle ride down Trail Ridge Road with Dr. Martin Koschnitzke, followed by lunch at the Alluvial Fan.
• While sipping champagne, take a limousine ride to Westminster, then enjoy a special dinner of around-the-world offerings at Barney and Maggie Treadway’s new Wine and Cheese restaurant. The limo will bring you home.
• A six-night wildlife safari adventure at a Zulu Nyala lodge on the east coast of South Africa. Adjacent to the private reserve is a fascinating Zulu Cultural Village, where the residents still live and practice Zulu traditions as their ancestors did a hundred years ago.
• A photography excursion for four with James Frank, one of the nation’s premier photographers.
• A chauffeured Model A Ford tour into Rocky Mountain National Park followed by a five star picnic brunch for six.
• A private visitation with the constellations at the Estes Park Observatory, guided by Dr. Prochoda and other expert astronomers, with coffee and dessert catered by EPMC Foundation board members.
• Back my popular demand: former EPMC board member and EPMC Foundation board member Gladys Van Drie will transport six discerning guests to New Orleans by serving a scrumptious breakfast straight off the Brennan’s menu.
• Relive the days of the Route 66 diner by treating a group of 12 to an elegantly grilled dinner at your home, prepared and served by former EPMC Foundation president Bob Hamblin and Joyce Hamblin, and Jon and Marsha Sypher.
• Plus overnight stays in the valley, a shopping spree at the Shops at Centerra, a Riverside Ramblers gig, a flight in a Cessna 172 Skyhawk, and a two-night stay in a three-bedroom cabin at YMCA of the Rockies.
This year’s Gala, on Saturday, March 12, will be at the new, state-of-the-art Assembly Hall at YMCA of the Rockies. The evening includes dinner and drinks, dancing, live entertainment, and silent and live auctions. Tickets to the Get Your Kicks on Spur 66! Gala are only $50 and can be purchased by calling the Estes Park Medical Center Foundation, 577-4370, or from any EPMC Foundation board member.