Gear-Up For Bike To Work, Bike To Play Week And Plan To Bike To Work June 25
Estes Park’s 2014 Bike to Work, Bike to Play week is June 21-28. Estes Park joins communities across the state to encourage residents to try bicycle commuting as a healthy and safe alternative to driving. Watch for updates on Bike to Work, Bike to Play festivities at www.visitestespark.com. Check out the lineup of activities — there is something for all ages and abilities!
• Kids Fun Ride 8 a.m. in Rocky Mountain National Park. Call 970-586-1206 • Kids, Kids, Kids – Bike, Run, Fun! 10:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Bond Park. Visit www.EPMarathon.org
• Bear Lake Road Corridor Ride 9 a.m. in Rocky Mountain National Park for novice/intermediate adults. Call 970-586-1206
• Moraine Park Ride 8 a.m. in Rocky Mountain National Park for novice adults. Call 970-586-1206
• Bike to Work Day 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. at the Estes Park Visitor Center. Cyclists receive free breakfast and coffee (while supplies last), giveaways, a SeptaCycle and more activities, bike registration by the Estes Park Police Auxiliary, bike check-ups by the Estes Park Mountain Shop, live music by Jon Pickett, a “Repair a Flat” demonstration at 7 a.m. and a chance to win prizes. Prize winners will be drawn from all participants after the event and contacted later. Sponsored in part by KIND Coffee, Poppy’s Pizza and Grill, Mama Rose’s, Gerald Mayo/Prudential Team Realty, Estes Valley Partners for Commerce, Estes Park Medical Center and the Town of Estes Park. All ages welcome – including anyone who’s not heading to work!
• Bike to Yoga 6 p.m. at Stanley Park playground. Free. Call Meditate in the Mountains at 970-412-6215.
• Costume Bike Parade 7:30 p.m. from Estes Park Visitor Center to Performance Park for the Bike-in Movie, all ages. Sponsored by the Town of Estes Park.
• Bike-in Movie Breaking Away (PG) at Performance Park; free admittance; concessions begin at 7 p.m. Sponsored by the Friends of the Library and the Town of Estes Park.
July 2, 9, 16, 30:
• Two Wheelin’ History Tour 5:30 p.m. beginning at the Estes Park Museum; $8; for reservations call 970- 577-3762.
Watch for updates on Bike to Work, Bike to Play festivities at www.visitestespark.com. Bike to Work, Bike to Play events are organized and supported by the Town of Estes Park, Estes Park Medical Center, Estes Valley Recreation and Park District, Rocky Mountain National Park, Friends of the Estes Valley Library, Estes Park Cycling Coalition and the Estes Park Marathon. Events are also supported by community sponsors including KIND Coffee, Poppy’s Pizza and Grill, Mama Rose’s, Gerald Mayo/Prudential Team Realty, Estes Valley Partners for Commerce, Estes Park Mountain Shop, Jon Pickett, Rocky Mountain National Park/Rocky Mountain Conservancy, Meditate in the Mountains, Green Guru and Rocky Mountain Connections.