Bond Park Update: Park Lane Paving Delayed By Weather
The Town of Estes Park and its contractor, Cornerstone Construction Concepts of Estes Park, are redeveloping Bond Park with completion scheduled for May 26. In order to accommodate construction, several adjustments have been made in the Bond Park area.
• Due to heavy precipitation this week, the closure of Park Lane from Virginia Lane to MacGregor Avenue will be extended through May 17 for paving and striping. Two-way traffic along with parking on the north side will resume beginning approximately May 18. Park Lane businesses and the north sidewalk remain open.
• All lanes of Elkhorn Avenue will reopen by the evening of May 13.
• View Bond Park project updates and a photo gallery at www.estes.org/pressreleases/bondpark.aspx.
• The new concrete sidewalk on the south side of Elkhorn will reopen to pedestrians by May 14. In the meantime, pedestrians are detoured to the Riverwalk.
• The Riverwalk will remain open until May 14 when the south Elkhorn sidewalk reopens. Approximately 30 feet of the Riverwalk behind the Range Realty and Wynbrier establishments will then be closed through approximately May 20 during continued construction in the parking lot.
• Due to landscaping work, the new concrete sidewalk in front of Town Hall will reopen approximately May 20. Until then, Town Hall, including the public restrooms, is accessible through the north Town Hall entrance off MacGregor Avenue near the Town Board Room. The handicap public entrance on the east side of Town Hall will remain open for normal business hours. The entrance by the Town Board Room will be the only public entrance for Town meetings after 5 p.m.
• Through approximately May 26, the parking lot between Range Realty and Wynbrier establishments is closed as the contractor installs the storm sewer and completes the parking lot with a new concrete sidewalk, new asphalt and striping. Business parking is available to the west in the East Riverside parking lot near Dairy Queen.
• The 100-block of MacGregor Avenue is closed to traffic for the duration of construction.
• The MacGregor Avenue entrance to the Town Hall parking lot, near the Police Department, will be closed to the public for much of the project. The parking lot will remain accessible from Elkhorn Avenue.
• The utility payment drop box normally located at the corner of Park Lane and MacGregor Avenue is temporarily relocated next to the library book drop box at the Town Hall parking lot exit onto Elkhorn Avenue, near the Estes Valley Library.
• The U.S. Postal Service mailbox normally located at the corner of Park Lane and MacGregor Avenue is temporarily relocated further north on MacGregor Avenue. It is accessible in a pull-out on the east side of MacGregor Avenue.
• The bus pull-out on Elkhorn Avenue in front of Town Hall is closed to vehicle traffic during the project. The parallel parking spaces adjacent to the Subway establishment on East Riverside Drive serve as an alternate area for bus loading and unloading.