Alpaca Show & Market This Weekend At Stanley Park Fairgrounds
The Estes Park Alpaca Show and Market, sponsored by SwitzerLand Farms takes place this weekend at the Stanley Park Fairgrounds in Barn W. The show features Alpaca spinning, weaving and knitting, alpacas will be on display and for sale.
Alpacas belong to the family of New World Camelids, which not only includes alpacas and paco vicunas. They produce fiber that is luxurious and strong. This wonderful fiber then produces products which are warm and soft due to the fineness of their fiber. Come see these unique and wonderful animals at the Estes Park Alpaca Market.
This family event will feature:
1. Breeding stock and fiber animals for sale.
2. An excellent selection of beautiful fleece, fiber and yarns.
3. Artisans with handcrafted alpaca items.
4. Vendors with equipment, clothing and jewelry.
5. Alpaca tack and supplies.
As well as educational opportunities:
• Spinning, knitting, weaving
• Breeders roundtable and discussion panel
• Various seminars, including those on fiber processing, the various breeds of alpaca, the business and benefits of owning and raising alpacas, farm efficiency and working with alpacas.
• Demonstrations and door prizes.
• The hours of the show are Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. There is no admission to attend. For more information on this family event, call 970-586-4624 or visit www.alpacaland.com.