Register To Vote Now-Deadline Is October 9
The League of Women Voters of Estes Park, a non partisan organization for women and men who are concerned with the registration and education of voters, has been in the Estes Valley since 1991 and the US since 1920. The League and the Estes Valley Library are partnering to offer voter registration information and assistance. The deadline for registration is October 9, 2012.
The League and the Library wish to make clear that if you did not vote in 2010, you are not registered to vote and will not be able to vote at the polls, nor will you receive a mail in ballot.
What are the registration qualifications? You must be:
• a citizen of the United States
• 18 years old by Election Day, Nov. 6, 2012
• a resident of a Colorado precinct for a least 30 days prior to the election.
How do I register?
• Use mail-in forms which are available at government offices, libraries, and registration drives sponsored by groups and employers. Forms my also be accessed on web for the Secretary of State, County Clerks, or League of Women Voters of Colorado.
• Apply in person up to, and including 29 days before an election at the following sites-County Clerk and Recorders’ offices, Driver’s License off, Armed Forces Recruiting Offices, Designated Public Assistance Agencies.
• Register online–voter registration online is possible if your signature is on record with a Colorado Government agency such as driver’s license, Colorado I.D. card, Medicaid, etc.
Want a mail-in ballot?
The application for a mail-in ballot may be obtained from your County Clerk no later than the close of business on November 2, the first Friday immediately preceding the election, Nov. 6, 2012.
Want early voting?
Early voting is available from Oct. 22 -Nov. 2. Call Larimer County in Estes Park at 970-577-2025 for information.
Call Estes Valley Library at (970) 586-8116, Larimer County offices in Estes Park at (970) 577-2025, or State Elections Division (303) 894-2299 ext 6307, or check out the League Voter Hotline at (303) 863-VOTE (8683).
Be an educated voter:
Candidate information provided by the candidates themselves is available on line through a project of the League, www.VOTE411. Also there will be an Estes Voter Education Forum on October 18 for the community to hear from candidates who will represent us at the national, state and local levels. The Forum also will offer a non-partisan review of both sides of all the issues that will be on the ballot for this election. In addition there are English and Spanish brochures prepared by the Colorado League that discuss these issues, and each household should have received a blue booklet put out by the Legislative Council of the Colorado General Assembly on the ballot issues and the recommendations on the retention of judges.
Remember the last day to register to vote in this year’s election October 9, 2012. The League and the Library urge you to register now!