History Program On The “Summer Of Dunraven” Saturday, May 4
The “Summer of Dunraven” officially kicks off this Saturday, May 4, as the Estes Park Archives begins a series of free illustrated lectures to prepare our area for the September visit of Geraldine Wyndham-Quin, Countess of Dunraven.
The first program in the series, “The Earls of Dunraven, One to Seven” begins at 2:00 p.m. in the George Hix Community Room of the US Bank building on 363 East Elkhorn Avenue. Local historian John Meissner will bring everyone up to speed on the Dunraven lineage from 1822 to present. The Fourth Earl of Dunraven, Windham Thomas Wyndham-Quin, hunted frequently in the western United States for a decade beginning in 1872, and had acquired a huge Estes Park estate by 1874.
Programs last 45 minutes to one hour, and are open to the public. No reservations are necessary. Additional details are available at the Estes Park Archives website, or by calling 970-232-4145.