2011 Real Estate Statistics
Well, 2011 is in the books and our year end stats are in. Overall, the market improved from 2010, albeit very slightly. Surprisingly the big winner was Vacant Land with a another huge jump in value. Here’s the breakdown by category:
• Single Family Homes – Total units sold increased by 17 to 210. Median value decreased slightly by 4% to $302,000.
• Attached Homes (condos) – Great news here, condos saw a 13% increase in median value up to $250,000. Total units sold remained about the same at 73.
• Vacant Land – Though the total units decreased by 4 to 30, the median value jumped 25% to $131,000.
• Total Sales Volume for all categories was up $4.5M to $101M. This is still down from the most recent peak in 2007 of $153M, but up from our low in 2009 of $84M.
• Total units sold was 323. This is still much lower than our most recent peak of 459 in 2007, but is higher than our low of 280 in 2009.
Here’s to 2012!