18th Annual Imagine This! Saturday
The Cultural Arts Council of Estes Park presents the 18th Annual Imagine This! on Saturday February 13, 2010. Imagine This! will take place over the President’s Day weekend, and will be presented in a new location in at the Mountain View Bible Fellowship Gymnasium located at 1575 S. St. Vrain Ave. This family style arts festival provides experiences which are both fun and educational and are designed to teach young people an appreciation for the arts. Children can visit various booths taking away both hand-made treasures and fabulous learning experiences, along with the enjoyment of live musical entertainment during the day.
Imagine This! also features a Silent Bid Auction with over 60 high quality donated artwork, gift certificates, lodging and merchandise.Although geared for children, persons of all ages are invited to attend and enjoy the annual indoor festival. Festivities will begin at 11:00 a.m. and run through 4:00 p.m. Admission is $1.00 per person at the door. Proceeds from admissions and the auction will benefit the educational programs and events of the Cultural Arts Council during 2010.
This year’s Imaginer This! theme celebrates “Exploring A World of Art.” Local artists and organizations are providing a variety of hands-on activities and performances within the multi-cultural theme. Festival goers can travel to Africa and learn to draw lions, play instruments from the Amazon rain forests, create groovy 60s surprise gifts in a London Secret Studio, go fishing for prizes in southern pond, create a nature craft from Rocky Mountain National Park, design one of a kind beaded items, have their face painted with exotic designs or their caricature drawn Parisian style. Most of the activities are free with the $1.00 admission, with others having a very minimal fee.Live folk music will be provided by Jack Overly and Gary Reeves popularly known as Elk Hollow, Katherine T. and Gio Dumont will perform guitar duets, and throughout the day Paul Saunders of KREV 104.7 FM will fill the gym with music from around the world.The 18th annual Imagine This! poster design contest winners will be on public display, along with all of the contest entries. Awards for First, Second and Third Place; plus two honorable mention awards will be presented at the Imagine This! stage at 12:15 p.m.The Estes Park Youth Group will provide a food concession including variety of snacks, drinks, and lunch during Imagine This! 100% of food concession sales will funds the Group’s trip to Haiti and efforts to help with earthquake victims’ relief.The Cultural Arts Council of Estes Park is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the arts for persons of all ages in the greater Estes Valley. The CAC is celebrating its 20th anniversary serving the greater Estes Valley in 2010.IT! Hands-on ActivitiesAll activities are included in the $1 admission, unless noted with an *
1. IT! Poster DisplayPark School District Students K – 5Five winners and all entries on display
2. Fish Pond – Win a Mystery Prize! * (Minimal Cost) Kids use an old fashioned string tied fishing pole and a magnet to “fish” for over 300 prizes.
3. Café IT! – Estes Park Youth Group Sit back and enjoy the festival. 100% of food concession sales will benefit the Group’s trip to Haiti and to help with earthquake victims relief efforts.
4. IT! Stage Music and other activities.
5. African Adventure-Debby Ballard/Cultural Arts Council of Estes Park. Join Debby and learn to draw lions. Sessions start every 30 minutes.
6. Nature Craft- Mark DeGregorio/Rocky Mountain National Park. Children learn more about nature through a special craft project.
7. Songs of the Jungle-Robert Keep & Shannon McGlothlen/Highland Music & Minstrel’s Gifts. Lloyd Scott/Chamber Music Society of Estes Park. Persons of all ages can try their hand at all sorts of instruments ranging from “croaking frogs” to drums and other fascinating percussion and stringed instruments like a cello and violin!
8. Felt Fun! Susan Mock/Stitchin’ Den Susan will teach kids to create beautiful pictures on felt with un-spun wool.
9. Face Painting-Pam England, Charlotte Lloyd, Alice League, Cynthia Price Reedy/Art Center of Estes Park. Unlimited designs and imagination come alive at this booth.
10. Beads! Beads! Beads! Vickie M. Cody, Jim Sneary/Art Center of Estes Park. Make your own jewelry with colorful beads.
11. Caricatures * Tim Buck/The Local Herd (Minimal Cost)A classic at IT!, Buck captures the spirit of young and old on paper, just like the artists on the Seine in Paris, France.
12. Secret Studio – All You Need Is Love, Kelly Kotary/Cultural Arts Council of Estes Park. Step inside and travel back to merry old England and the groovy 60s! This booth has a sign “no parents allowed.” Inside, children create a surprise art project to give away as gifts for Valentine’s Day.
13. Arts Council Information & Membership. Learn more about the CAC and its programs and those groups are Imagine This! We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts agency serving the greater Estes Valley. 2010 marks our 20th anniversary. We are the sponsor of Imagine This!
14. Silent Bid Auction/Really Cool Stuff!Over 60 items donated by local businesses, artists and organizations.
Proceeds benefit the CAC community programs in 2010.
Auction starts at 11:00 a.m. and ends promptly at 3:30 p.m.IT! Performances on the Commons Stage11:00-KREV 104.7 FM Jukebox – Paul Saunders/Music From Around the World
12:15-Poster Competition Awards12:30-Elk Hollow-Jack Overly and Gary Reeves perform American Folk classics and original songs
1:00-Katherine T. and Gio Dumont-Guitar Duets
1:15-Elk Hollow-Jack Overly and Gary Reeves perform American Folk classics and original songs2:15-4:00-KREV 104.7 FM Jukebox – Paul/Saunders/Music From Around the World
For more information about Imagine This!, please call 970-586-9203 or E-mail: email@example.com.